- Assists with interview and hiring processes
- Monitors staff attendance policy
- Participates in direct care nurse performance evaluation and peer review processes
- Oversees compliance with license and certification of the unit’s staff
- Participates in performance management processes of nurse directors.
- Participates and facilitates professional practice council activities on their unit
- Participates in Magnet steering committee and initiatives pertinent to their scope of practice.
- Evaluates and oversees staffing levels to current patient acuity and census needs
- Manages AMS productivity data- daily entering
- Manages schedule to budgeted core staffing
- Completes payroll variances for each pay period
Daily Work- 50% of time spent on unit with staff and patients
- Performs purposeful leadership rounds
- Participates in patient care conferences
- Participates in new product or service evaluation and implementation activites
- Manages Midas variances
- Participates in complaint management, provides timely service recovery to patients, family and staff.
- Liaison to ancillary staff/units as needed
- Participates and performs quality audits- observation and chart reviews
- Attends meetings as assigned by nurse director