A Polysomnographer is responsible for performing complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as required by the hospital.
1. The following examinations are to be performed when necessary and according to established protocols:
2. Record reviewing and scoring of polysomnograms which includes
3. Report Generation – Summary of the patients:
4. Oxygen Therapy – deliver O2 as needed to maintain study parameters.
5. Oximetry – ability to monitor patients by oximetry according to established protocols
6. CPAP/BIPAP – demonstrated ability to initiate therapy, fit mask/pillows, document and evaluate response to therapy.
7. Capnography – demonstrate understanding of monitoring principles and equipment troubleshooting
8.Patient Education- instruct patients as needed in purpose and techniques of examinations